* Boston, USA | 18-19 September 2023 *
The Conference Organising Committee welcomes and invites all interested practitioners to the inaugural Tai Chi & Qigong as Whole Person Health Conference. Located in historically and culturally rich Boston, Massachusetts and hosted by the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine – jointly based with the Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital – this conference promises to be a landmark event, sharing, critically evaluating, and synthesizing evidence related to the therapeutic benefits of Tai Chi and Qigong, and also exploring facilitators and barriers to integration of these traditional and evolving practices into contemporary health care.
Who should attend?
Attendees across all disciplines of mind-body practices (e.g., meditation/mindfulness, yoga, contemplative dance, Feldenkrais, and many others) are invited.
The organizers encourage a diverse audience (including diverse socioeconomic backgrounds – see opportunities for scholarships) and researchers and practitioners committed to understanding how Tai Chi/Qigong can be deployed to address issues of health equity.
Attendees might include:
- Individuals looking to submit research abstracts for poster or oral presentation or scientific sessions for panel or symposia presentation;
- Researchers from across the full spectrum from basic and translational to clinical and implementation;
- Teachers/instructors/practitioners interested in both learning the state of the science to inform teaching, and sharing traditional knowledge to inform research agendas;
- Program leaders and policymakers in hospitals, community-based health programs, education, senior and assisted living facilities, K-college wellness programs, among others, who want to learn what Tai Chi/Qigong may offer the individuals they serve;
- Trainees and students
For more details and registration see
Official Conference Site